The Benefits of Planning Ahead
No two families are alike and no two funeral plans are alike. That is why so many families today are choosing to plan their funerals in advance. Why? Because having the time to explore options, make personalized choices and choose funding plans makes good sense. Today, you have the opportunity to create a meaningful service that your loved ones will remember for a lifetime. And you control the process and the timing.
We organize the benefits into two groups: emotional and financial.
- More time to consider your options – You and your family will have time to research your options and make well-informed decisions when you are ready, without the stress of a pending funeral.
- A sense of accomplishment – You’ll feel good knowing that these arrangements have been taken care of the way you want and not left for others to decide.
- Fewer family concerns – Your surviving family members will have less to worry about in the event of your death. You will provide your family the peace of mind that comes from knowing that they are honoring your final wishes.
- Prepayment option – When you pay for your services in advance, you have options. Our Pre-Planning Specialist or Funeral Director will explain all of your options, answer all of your questions, and help you make an informed decision that best fits you and your family’s preferences.
- Your family keeps more – When you prepay, your assets and existing life insurance proceeds are not needed to pay for your funeral expenses. More of your assets and life insurance proceeds will go directly to your family.
- Fewer last-minute expenses – When you plan in advance, you protect your family from “emotional over-spending.” Your family is less likely to incur additional expenses at the time of the funeral because your planning has protected them from doing so.
- Government assistance – Should it ever become necessary for you to receive assistance, the total amount of your funded prearrangement is exempt. The money you set aside to pay for your funeral will not reduce your assistance benefit.
Losing a loved one is difficult and emotional. At this stressful time, family members are suddenly forced to make many important decisions on their own. Experiencing a death, along with needing to make good decisions within a short period of time, may leave families feeling overwhelmed. This is just one reason why it is wise for families to consider planning their funeral ahead of time.
Preplanning allows a family to confer with their loved ones and to make plans together. For many, planning ahead may assure that their wishes will be fulfilled and you, in turn, are helping a loved one avoid unnecessary financial or emotional burden in the future.
To request more information about preplanning and prefunding, or to begin the preplanning process, please call us.
Together, we can assist with these important decisions that will ultimately affect those you love.